About Wings Wellbeing Center
Headway ABI Wings Wellbeing Centres have innovative and state of the art equipment, including the ICARE Elliptical Trainer and Jintronix gaming therapy software, which is transforming lives and helping people to maximise their independence, function and general wellbeing.
Our qualified Clinical Exercise Physiologist can develop individual rehabilitation recovery sessions to promote optimal health, ability and improved quality of life.
How Do I Access the Wings Centre?
If you have had a brain injury then you will most likely benefit from accessing the Wings centre. The Wings centre is a registered NDIS provider so Wings can be accessed through your NDIS plan.
If you do not have an NDIS Plan, you might be eligible for one if:
- If you are under the age of 65 years old
- Are an Australian resident
- Have a permanent disability
- Medicare: Get in contact with your general Practitioner and mention to them that you would like to see an “Exercise Physiologist” through a Chronic Disease Management plan (CDM). This service is a Bulk Bill category where you will be entitled to a $52.95 rebate through Medicare.
- Private health: Get in contact with your healthcare fund provider to see if you are covered for “Exercise Physiology”. If you are covered then you can access the Wings centre and claim the visit or part of it through your health fund.